1.The highest consumption of Pizza occurs during Super Bowl week
2.Because of a football`s resemblance to an olive, the Chinese often call the American game of football "olive ball."
3.At greatest risk of injury to a professional football player`s anatomy is the knee.
4. In 1910, a football team was penalized 15 yards for an incomplete forward pass.
5. Richard Nixon once tried to offer tactics to an American Football team.
6. In the opening procession of the Olympics, the team representing the host nation always marches last.
7. The ancient Greeks awarded celery to winners of sports events
8. On average, 42,000 balls are used and 650 matches are played at the annual Wimbledon tennis tournament.
9. Left-handed people are better at sports that require good spatial judgment and fast reaction, compared to right-handed individuals.
10.Soccer legend Pele`s real name is Edson Arantes do Nascimento.
11.No high jumper has ever been able to stay off the ground for more than one second.
13.The national sport of Japan is sumo wrestling.
14.Racecar driver Lee Petty once left a pitstop and did a full lap with a pit crew member still on the hood.
15.Soccer gave us the term "melee." It means a "confused mass".
16.Morihei Ueshiba, founder of Aikido, once pinned an opponent using only a single finger.
17.Tiger Woods is the first athlete to have been named "Sportsman of the Year" by magazine Sports Illustrated two times.
18.According to manufacturer Spalding, the average lifespan of an NBA basketball is
19. The average height of an NBA basketball player is 6 feet 7 inches.
20.A pro volleyball player can spike the ball at 80 miles per hour.
21.Three consecutive strikes in bowling is called a turkey.
22. Sharunas Marchulenis was the first Soviet basketball player to join the NBA.
23.Out of the 17 World Cups, 6 have been won by the host country.
24.The smallest attendance at a World Cup finals match was 300 at Romania and Peru during the 1930 World Cup in Uruguay.
25.No European team has won a World Cup played outside of Europe.
26.The 2002 World Cup was hosted by two countries Japan and South Korea. Before the start of the tournament, there was a lot of confusion between the two hosts on issues such as whose country`s name would appear first on game tickets.
27.No country has ever lost its first league match and won the World Cup.
28.July 31 was declared a national holiday in Uruguay after they won the inaugural World Cup in 1930.
29.Shirt swapping was officially prohibited in 1986 because FIFA did not want players to bare their chests on the soccer field.
30. The most common score in a World Cup finals match is 1-0.