Maida - 1-1/2 cups
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
Salt to taste
1/4th teaspoon Black Pepper
1/4th cup Chilled Butter
Cold Milk as needed.
For the filling:
3 medium Onion sliced
3 medium Capsicum sliced
3 medium Tomatoes sliced
Black Pepper and Red Chilli Powder to taste.
For the cheese sauce:
1 tablespoon Butter
1 tablespoon Maida
1 cup Milk
3/4th cup grated Cheese
Salt and pepper powder to taste.
- Sift 1-1/2 cup maida with 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt. Then add 1/4th teaspoon black pepper and 1/4th cup chilled butter. Mix well till maida looks like breadcrumbs.
- Then add enough milk (cold) and form a dough (semi soft). Roll out ten inch in diameter.
- Slice 3 medium onions , capcisum and tomatoes. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt and keep aside for 15 minutes. Drain out the water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and butter mixed in a pan.
- Add the drained vegetables. Stir fry adding pepper powder, red chilli powder and salt to taste. Remove from heat and keep aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter. Stir fry maida lightly, add 1 cup milk stirring constantly till thick. Remove from heat and add salt, pepper powder to taste and 3/4th cup grated cheese.
- Take a 9 inch pie dish. Place the rolled dough in the pie dish and trim the edges.
- Fill with vegetable filling.
- Cover with cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top and bake in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes at 180oC.
- Serve hot.