Note: All ingredient quantities are ap prox.
Slices of white/wheat bread
Salsa (you get them in regular grocery store..if you want to make it at home, see the recipe below)
Shredded cheese (mozzarella, cheddar or combo)
1 small onion Cilantro and sour cream for garnish
Recipe of salsa :
- Preheat the oven to 400oF
- Slice off the edges of the bread and cut 4 squares of each slice.
- Arrange them on a cookie sheet or any other oven-proof tray
- With a small spoon, put little bit of salsa on each piece.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese
- Put in the oven for about 12-15 min or till the cheese melts and browns a bit..the bread should have also become toasty..
- Take out and garnish with finely chopped onion, cilantro and a dash of sour cream(optional)
- Enjoy with wine, beer or soda.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5-6 green chillis
- Mix everything in the blender and store in refrigerator for upto a week.