- 4 Mid Size Potatoes
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas (Frozen)
- 1 Big Onion
- 4 - 5 Hot Pepper Chopped Fine
- Juice from one fresh Lemon
- 1/4 tsp Grated Ginger
- 20 Slices of thin White or Brown Bread
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander
- Boil Potatoes, remove skin and mash them coarsely. Chop carrots fine and cook (Microwave) it along with green peas till tender. Mix together.
- Chop onion and hot pepper fine. Heat little oil and saute till the former is transparent and then add hot pepper and ginger. Remove from fire; add this to the potato mixture along with, coriander, salt and lemon juice. Mix well and make 20 small lime size balls. Keep them aside.
- Keep a plate of water ready and barely dip the ends of bread slice on both sides. Press it between your palms and squeeze the excess water out without spoiling the shape of bread slice (If the bread is very fresh, you do not have to dip in the water). Now place a potato ball inside and fold the bread over and press it like you make a snowball. Do the same with all bread slices. Deep fry a few at a time.
- Can be eaten with ketchup, hot sauce or as it is